Saturday, May 9, 2009

Baby Update

I went in yesterday at 13 weeks 4 days for my check up. Baby gave us quite a scare. We could not find a heart beat with the doppler. I told the OB that the baby flutters in the lower left hand corner of my belly. She told me that I was too early to feel the baby move, so she pulled out the ultrasound machine. She began looking for the baby, but to no avail. I told her to look lower. She finally did, and what do you know, the baby was in the lower left hand corner of my belly just sleepin'. Baby's heart rate is at 153, which is great. Baby bean hasn't grown too much from 6 weeks ago, which I am glad about. I am fairly certain that this baby has Blake's bone structure, since s/he isn't nearly as big as Aiden was at 10 weeks gestation. =) We are hoping that it's a baby girl since it's so small.

I have to go in for an early GD test because the doctor thinks I have gestational diabetes. I will be testing next week for that. I have a 3D ultrasound scheduled in 3 weeks, 18 week ultrasound in 5 weeks and a free 3D ultrasound in 10 weeks. =) I'm going to get lots of pictures of this baby and I am totally excited!

No comments: